Are you looking for the best image optimization plugins for your website?
Image optimization plugins allow you to compress or resize your images for better performance and speed.
In this article, I will share with you the Top best WordPress image optimization plugin.
Why we need image optimization plugins?
We use images to make our website beautiful. In other words, we have to explain something in our post.
However, you’ve probably heard the saying: “a picture is worth a thousand words”. Images make your content more engaging and interactive.
To improve your website loading speed or its performance, you need to optimize or compress your images.
There are lots of online tools are available of which you can optimize your images. You have to compress the images before you upload your image on WordPress.
It gives you more control over the quality of images of your website.
However, not all users comfortable by this tools because it takes lots of time, you have to compress one bye one.
In this condition, we should say thanks to WordPress, because it provides lots of free image optimization plugins which you can optimize your images to improve your site loading speed.
Top Best WordPress Image Optimization Plugin
Today I will tell you the best WordPress image optimization plugins by which you can compress the size of your image.
These plugins allow you to automatically optimize your images without any hustle.
As we know, if the size of the image is very large, then the speed of the website will be reduced.
In other words, it affects SEO a lot, the website may be more likely to increase the bounce rate.
In this way, I am going to tell you about the image optimization plugin for WordPress with the help of which you can reduce the size of your images.
This will not affect the quality of the image.
Optimole is the all-in-one solution to all your image optimization need. With full automation and a range of evolutionary features, Optimole makes it easy to clean up your heavy images and bloaty pages.
The Optimole optimizes your images in real-time with a cloud-based system to speed up your website and deliver high-quality images perfectly sized for every device.
With a one-click setup and minimal footprint, you can start improving your site in minutes.
- Smaller images. Same Quality
- fully automated; set and forget
- Supports all image type
- Supports both Retina and Webp images
- Full support for page builders like Elementor
- Lazy load without jQuery (better)
- Serves images from a global CDN for free
- Optimizes based on the visitor’s actual device (no more guesswork and width estimations)
- Optimole will add the watermark to all your future images.
Imagify is one of the more powerful WordPress image optimizers on the web. This plugin can compress your image size in three different methods.
Normal, a lossless compression algorithm. The image quality won’t be altered at all.
Aggressive, a losse compression algorithm.
Stronger compression with a tiny loss of quality most of the time this is not even noticeable at all.
Ultra, our strongest compression method using a lossy algorithm.
Speed up your website with imagify image optimizer and get lighter images without losing quality. Imagify is the most advanced tool to optimize images. You can now use this power directly in WordPress.
After enabling it, all your images including thumbnails will be automatically optimized when uploaded into WordPress. You can also use Imagify to convert WebP images for free.
- Lossless, Lossy and Ultra lossy compression algorithms for varying degrees of image optimization.
- Automatically backs up optimized images for restoring or re-optimizing.
- Supports PNG, JPG and GIF formats.
- Provides multisite support
- Directly resizes images before upload saving time and space.
- WooCommerce and NextGen Gallery compatible.
Smush is the most popular WordPress image optimization plugin created to compress and image optimizing.
This plugin has been benchmarked and tested number one for speed and quality and is the award-wining back-to-back proven crowd favorite image optimization plugin for WordPress.
The Smush now includes a wrong size image finder. Activate, and your images will be highlighted with smart tips for scaling your images. Quickly locate the images that are keeping you from getting that perfect 100 on your Google PageSpeed test.
- Bulk Smush – Optimize up to 50 images with one click
- Image Resizing – Set a max width and height and large images will scale down as they are being compressed
- Incorrect Size Image Detection – Quickly locate images that are slowing down your site
- Directory Smush – Optimize images even if they are not located in the media library
- Automated Optimization – Asynchronously auto-smush your attachments for super fast compression on upload
- Unlimited & Free – Optimize all of your images up to 5MB in size forever (no daily, monthly, or annual caps)
- Gutenberg Block Integration – View all Smush stats directly in image blocks
- Multi-site Compatible – Both global and individual Multisite settings
- Process All Your Files – Smush will process PNG, JPEG and GIF files for optimum results
- Super Servers – Smush images with no slowdown using WPMU DEV’s fast, reliable Smush API
- Lazy Loader – Defer offscreen images with the flip of a switch
- Lossless Compression – Strip unused data without affecting image quality
4. EWWW Image Optimizer
EWWW Image Optimizer is the most popular and well-rated image optimizer plugin. This plugin automatically optimizes the new image uploaded. Also, optimize your old uploaded image.
The plugin also allows you to select a compression level and convert the uploaded image to the best file formate. This plugin is also available in the free and premium versions.
The EWWW Image Optimizer will increase your page speeds by way of image optimization. Increased page speeds can result in better search engine rankings, and will also improve conversion rates (increased sales and signups).
You can choose pixel perfect compression or high compression options that are visually lossless.
- No Speed Limits and unlimited file size.
- Smooth Handling with pixel-perfect optimization using industry-leading tools and progressive rendering.
- High Torque as we bring you the best compression/quality ratio available with our lossy options for JPG, PNG, and PDF files.
- Adaptive Steering with intelligent conversion options to get the right image format for the job (JPG, PNG, or GIF).
- Free Parking The core plugin is free and always will be. However, our paid services offer up to 80% compression and a host of other features!
- Comprehensive Coverage: no image gets left behind, optimize everything on your site, beyond just the WordPress Media Library.
- Safety First: all communications are secured with top SSL encryption.
- Roadside Assistance: top-notch support is in our DNA. While API customers get top priority.
- free image backups store your original images for 30 days.
5. Short Pixel Image Optimizer
ShortPixel is a very good and lightweight image optimizer plugin that improves your website page load time by optimizing images or PDF documents.
If you want to increase the compression level then you will need to upgrade it. Short Pixel uses minimal resources and works well with any shared, cloud, VPS or dedicated web hosting.
- Popular plugin with over 100,000 active installations according to WordPress
- Compress JPG, PNG, GIF (still or animated) images and also PDF documents
- Option to automatically convert PNG to JPG if that will result in smaller images. Ideal for large images in PNG format.
- No file size limit
- Option to freely convert any JPEG, PNG or GIF (even animated ones!) to WebP for more Google love.
- Option to include the generated WebP images into the front-end pages by using the
- Compatible with WP Retina 2x – all retina images are automatically compressed.
- Optimize thumbnails as well as featured images. You can also select individual thumbnails to exclude from optimization.
- Ability to optimize any image on your site including images in NextGEN Gallery and any other image galleries or sliders
- Integrates with Gravity Forms post_image field type optimizing the images upon upload
- Featured images can be automatically resized before being optimized with 2 different options. No need for additional plugins like Imsanity
- CMYK to RGB conversion
- Works well with both HTTPS and HTTP websites
- Uses progressive JPEG for larger images to speed up the image display
- You can run ShortPixel plugin on multiple websites or a multisite with a single API Key
- It is safe to test and use the plugin: all the original images can be restored with a click, either one by one or in bulk
- ‘Bulk’ optimize all the existing images in Media Library or any gallery with one click
- Works great for eCommerce websites using WooCommerce or other plugins
reSmush.it is the best images optimization plugins. It allows you to free image optimization based on reSmush.it API.
It has more than 400,000 websites use reSmush.it for images optimization as well as it allows many different CMS (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Magento, Prestashop).
It provide you to automatically image size reduction based on sevral advanced algorithm.
The API accept JPG, PNG and GIF files up to 5MB. You can aslo choose image optimization level to fit your needs.
It allows you to automatically optimize images on upload as well as provide bulk optimization for older images.
- It provides bulk optimization option
- It accept JPG, PNG and GIF file upto 5MB.
- Provide advanced algorithm.
- It allow automatically image size reduction.
- It allows yo to optimize images upto 5MB for FREE.