In this modern era, a lot of changes has been found on the internet. 95% of people in the world are connected to the internet. There are very few people who take care of their security today I will share with you WordPress website security plugin
Therefore, If you use the internet, then it becomes your duty to take care of the security of it.
Well, today I am going to talk about a blogger who is worried about the security of his website. If you are serious about the security of your website, then it is correct.
Because around 18.5 million websites infected with malware at any time each week, the average website is attacked 44 times every day. In such a situation, you should also be serious about the security of your website.
Today I have brought 6 WordPress website security plugins with the help of which you can protect your website from malware, brute force attacks, and hacking attempts.
6 Important Security Plugins to Prevent Your Website
Why Use a WordPress website Security Plugin?
If you want to keep the WordPress website secure, so, you may need plugins because you cannot technically secure your website, for this you have to knowledge of coding.
WordPress is a platform where you can do all the work very easily, you do not need technical knowledge, however, WordPress gives you everything that is needed for your website.
WordPress provides you with lots of security plugins with the help of which you can easily secure your website.
With these security plugins, you can keep the website safe from malware, brute force attacks, and hacking attempts. In other words, you can keep your site away from the eyes of hackers
A good WordPress security plugin should have some following features :
- Firewall: Firewalls monitor all traffic on your website and filter out vulnerable bots before they reach your website server
- Scan: Scanning your website regular basis and it recommended to find malware or other potential threats.
- Fixes: Good security plugins should guarantee malware removal and fixes on the site should get attacked.
Today I have brought 6 important security plugins in this article, with the help of which you can easily secure your website and protect it from hacking.
[table id=1 /]
Wordfence includes an endpoint firewall and malware scanner that was built from the ground up to protect WordPress. It is a free plugin and also comes with a premium . The free version, however, wordfence should handle everything just fine.
With over 3+ million active installations and 4.8/5 star rating speak for the plugin importance itself. This is the best WordPress website security plugin ever.
Alao read: SEO Best Tips For Website – You Must Know
- Web application firewall identifies and blocks malicious traffic.
- Protects your site at the endpoint enabling deep integration with WordPress.
- Unlike the cloud, alternatives do not break encryption.
- It cannot be bypassed and cannot leak data.
- Protect from brute force attacks by limiting login attempts.
- Integrated malware scanner blocks request that include malicious code or content.
- Malware scanner checks core files, themes, and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirect and code injection.
- Compares your core files themes and plugins with what is the WordPress.org repository, checking their integrity and reporting any changes to you.
- Repair files that have changed by overwriting them with an original version.
- Checks the safety of your content by scanning file contents, posts, and comments for dangerous URLs and suspicious content.
- Two-factor authentication ( 2FA ), one of the most secure forms of remote system authentication available via any TOTP based authentication service.
- Login page CAPTCHA stops bots from logging in.
- Disable or add 2FA to XML RPC.
WordPress itself is a very secure platform, however, it helps to add some extra security and firewall to your site by using a security plugin that enforces a lot of good security practices.
The All In One WordPress security plugin will take your website security to a whole new level.
- User account security.
- User login security.
- Database safety.
- File system protection.
- htaccess and WP config backup and restore.
- Block users
- Firewall protection.
- Whois lookup.
- Content spam protection.
- Disable right-click.
- Add CAPTCHA in the login form, comment form.
- Change the login URL.
3. BulletProof Security: (wordpress website security plugin)
The BulletProof Security plugin is available in both free and pro versions. However, if you buy the pro version of this, then you can give the fee once and use it on the Unlimited site for a lifetime.
This is the best WordPress website security plugin
Its free version is enough for a small or average site. Plugins include Malware scanner, Firewall, Login Security, DB Backup, Anti – Spam and more which protects your site from a security breach.
- htaccess file firewall: The most important file in a WordPress site is htaccess and the hackers first target this file. BPS plugin protects htaccess file using a firewall.
- Hide plugin folder: Hackers can insert malicious code in your plugins files and do an invalid activity. Especially, when your plugin is not updated, therefore, BPS makes your plugin folder inaccessible by hiding it.
- Login security monitoring: When a user tries to log in an unauthorized way in your login area, then you are alerted through email notifications.
- Database backup: It is very important to take regular backup of database files of WordPress. BPS plugin takes regular backup of your database files. You can manually backup or you can create a backup schedule.
- Display maintenance mode: If you are doing any maintenance work on your website, then you can put your website on maintenance mode, if any visitor visits your website, it will see maintenance mode.
- Email Alerts: This plugin notifies you via email if you make any settings or changes in the WordPress website.
- Set Cookies expiration time: If the visitor visits your site, then the cookies of the site are saved in his/her browser, after that, you can set the time to remove those cookies.
4. iThemes Security : (WordPress website security plugin)
iThemes Security is also a powerful security plugin, therefore, WordFence that protects all kind of hack attempts. The best part is that this plugin is available free and the premium version is also available with additional features.
- Scan site for malware: This feature to scan bad bots and malware.
- Brute force protection: Protect unauthorized login attempt ( brute force attack ).
- File change detection: Hackers can insert malicious code in your plugins files and do an invalid activity. This detect this malicious code and inform you,
- Strong Password: A strong password is very important for a WordPress site. iTheme generates a strong password for your website which you can use to login.
- Lockout bad users: If a user is doing spam in your site and some other bad activity, then this plugin blocks them.
- Lock admin area: This plugin provides you to lock your admin area
- Hide login and admin: You can change your Login URL. Normally the default login URL is wp-admin.php, which you can change.
- Change WordPress keys: The WordPress security keys that enhance your security needs to be changed regularly. This keys store in your wp-config.php.
- Google reCAPTCHA integration: You can integrate Google reCaptcha in your Comment form, contact form and also login area.
5. Securi Security: (WordPress website security plugin)
The Securi is a WordPress security plugin that is a security toolset for security integrity monitoring, malware detection, and security hardening.
- Security Activity Auditing
- File integrity monitoring
- Remote malware scanning
- Effective security herding
- post hack security action
- Security notifications
- Website firewall ( Premium )
6. Malcare Security:(WordPress website security plugin)
Malcare security is one of the most powerful security plugins like wordfence. Its smart ” cloud scan” malcare’s malware scanner will never impact your website performance nor overload your server ever.
Malcare comes with an inbuilt smart and powerful firewall for real-time protection from hackers and bots.
It is the simplest WordPress security plugin that doesn’t need any technical knowledge.
- Scan Website for vulnerabilities.
- Consistent Scanning practices.
- Easily malware detection.
- Fully automated malware removal.
- Unlimited cleanups at no additional cost.
- Cleans complex unknown malware.
- Support always on your side.
- CAPTCHA – based login protection.
- IP blocking on a global level.
- Disable file editor.
- Protect the uploads folder.
- Change security keys.
- Disallow plugin.
Above all, in this article, you guys can have a good understanding of the WordPress security plugins. The WordPress website provides great security plugins to keep your site secure.
Firstly, it is very important to have a good WordPress security plugin on your site. Most new bloggers do not install security plugin in their site, however, some new bloggers feel that hacking happens only on big site or them don’t much about security,
If you are new to blogging and you are very serious about your blogging, it is very important to have security plugins to your site or blog, then you can progress or improve in your blogging career.
I do the WordFence security plugin to protect my website, from my experience it is the best security plugin, it gives you great user experience, it protects your site in a very good way.
I hope you liked this post very much and you came to know a lot through this post